“YOUR MENTAL HEALTH MATTERS” is an awareness program that focuses on building self-awareness in people about their mental health. Mental health is as important as physical health. This program intends to bring awareness in teachers, parents, students, other professionals and community.
Running has several health benefits. Studies not only show that running has physical benefits but also boosts one’s mental health. It provides a sense of freedom from mental distress, tension and builds a sense of self-belief to face life challenges. It has been proven to strengthen individual’s will power that helps in beating mental health issues like stress, depression, anxiety, fears, sleep problems and so on.
Goals of the Marathon
The main goal of organizing this marathon are to raise fund for two main causes.
1. Conducting mental health awareness campaign in different schools, colleges inside and outside Kathmandu valley and also to create self-awareness in people (participants) about the importance of our mental health. It emphasizes the most important fact that our mental health matters in life.
2. Support Shree Ambika Bal Bikash Basic School to build Pre- primary classes i.e. Nursery and LKG. Shree Ambika Bal Bikash Basic School is a government school in Taukhal, Panauti. Most of the students are from low economic background and lack proper education.
Date: 9th March 2019 (Saturday)
Distances: 5 km, 21 km
Half Marathon: 21 km
Open Category: 5 km
Student Category: 5 km
Time: 8:00 am
Start and finish Point: Shree Ambika Bal Bikash Basic School Ground (Sankhel Chaur), Taukhal Football Ground, Panauti Municipality Ward No. 4, Kavrepalanchok
Transport between Kathmandu and Panauti:
A bus will be organised for registered participants in front of Nepal Mega College, Babarmal at 6:30 am. Those who want to travel on their own can take bus from Old Buspark or take Mayur Yatayat from Ring road that goes to the Panauti Buspark. Panauti is 33.7 km (1 hour 30 minutes) far from Kathmandu.
From Panauti Buspark to Shree Ambika Bal Bikash Basic School Ground:
The school ground is 15 minutes-walk to the North-west (towards Panauti Municipality Office) from Panauti Buspark. (See the map for the direction) https://goo.gl/maps/t1qgpbWW5qF2
We encourage participants to arrive in Panauti, a day before Race Day and stay in hotels and homestay of Panauti. So that you can enjoy the beautiful view and unforgettable experience of Panauti valley.
Entry Fee/Registration Fee
1. Open Category (Man) for 5K = NRs. 500/-
2. Open Category (Woman) for 5K = NRs. 500/-
3. Open Category (Man) for Half Marathon (21.097 Km) = NRs. 1000/-
4. Open Category (Woman) for Half Marathon (21.097 Km) = NRs. 1000/-
5. For School Category (Boys) 5K Run = Rs. 400/-
6. For School Category (Girls) 5K Run = Rs. 400/-
7. International Participant (Half Marathon) = NPR 3000/-
8. International Participant ( 5K) = NPR 2000/-
Note: Additional charge will be added for transportation service.
Information about Registration and registration deadline:
The deadline for the registration is 5th March 2019 (Tuesday).
A. Registration form is available in following places:-
1. Mano Spandan Nepal, Bhadrabinayak Marga, Thapagaun, Near Millsberry Kids World 5 minutes-walk from the opposite of Presidential Business School/Phoenix College of Management
2. Shree Ambika Bal Bikash Basic School, Panauti, Kavre
B. Registration form can be filled by Google form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc_JPnPvBWMmJ2K29Ja3H_SqjXM8M1gLpsWVjQDUixioDSN6A/viewform?usp=sf_link and can be submitted instantly.
For those who fill up form online, registration fee can be paid through bank (see bank details below) or eSewa.
Please send us the photo or a scanned copy of Deposited bank/eSewa voucher via email address (email@example.com) or facebook message to confirm your participation.
And don't forget to bring the deposited bank voucher or Esewa voucher during the event day.
C. Registration form can be downloaded through this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SoWagNB6RKz5nTLgFTvm_3GHVbqIrKmp/view?usp=sharing and after filling the form you can drop in our office. OR you can also download registration form from our website.
Name of Bank- Nabil Bank
Account Name: Mano Spandan Nepal Private Limited
Account Number: 3101017501246
eSewa ID: 9841432508 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry fee includes:
a. T-shirt, finisher medal and certificate to all half marathon participants
b. Certificates of participation to all participants
c. T-shirt to all registered participants
For more details or confusion, contact us:
Mano Spandan Nepal Private Limited
Bhadrabinayak Marg, Bijulibazar, Kathmandu
01-5244878, 9869031326 (Muna Lama), 9841432508 (Anil Thapa)
JC SUVAS SHRESTHA 9808961426